We all know Google the Search engine giant released an innovative idea of Searching instantly which they Named Google Instant . The concept is simply to save some of your time, according to google you can save out of 2-3 seconds per search BUT well i dont know who is so busy with a need of saving some time – I liked this Google Instant because its new and interesting already.On the other hand YouTube Instant or YTInstant is using the same idea BUT its not owner by Google or done by Google, now thats something new ;-). Well will compare few things about YouTube Instant and Google Instant at the End.Google presents there time saver method with following information and aspects
Did you know:
- Before Google Instant, the typical searcher took more than 9 seconds to enter a search term, and we saw many examples of searches that took 30-90 seconds to type.
- Using Google Instant can save 2-5 seconds per search.
- If everyone uses Google Instant globally, we estimate this will save more than 3.5 billion seconds a day. Thatâ€™s 11 hours saved every second.
- 15 new technologies contribute to Google Instant functionality.
- First of all it will give us Instant Results thats what the name says …
- Secondly for people like me who useÂ GoogleÂ to find stuff it will saveÂ allotÂ of time as results will be popping out instantly users can correct there searches on the Go …
- If you have a long sentence you have to search for in the classic Google search you would have typed that whole sentence and then clicked search waiting for a result, not knowing that while you typed half of the sentence your same result was already on the TOP – saving you time here and the fatigue for your fingers going through all the hard work 😉
The Availability Question ?
This is the most important question how do they plan to roll this out in to the wild .. As we all know google starts with a limited user base then limited countries and then open for all public with Google Instant they plan it this
Google Instant is starting to roll-out to users on Google domains in the US, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Russia who use the following browsers: Chrome v5/6, Firefox v3, Safari v5 for Mac and Internet Explorer v8. Please note, users on domains other than Google.com can only access Google Instant if they are signed in to a Google Account. We will continue to add new domains and languages over the next several months.
If you have not checked out Google Instant yet i think you better do just type http://google.com/ncr so the country domain is abolished and u are redirected to http://google.com .
How it treats the Offensive material?
I had this question when saw Google Instant, I mean I am searching some book and same name is given by some director to his offensive Movie what then ?.
Very simple when ever any search word is typed in the search bar which google thinks can return offensive material it simply gets Blank and after the search you have to press ENTER to continue.
This video is a must watch so you get the idea what this Google instant is all about ….
YouTube Instant – The Fastest available way to search YouTube Videos
YT Instant is the child of a Stanford University Student Feross Â and a Bet he had with his roommate, Jake Becker and Jake Won the Bet that Â Feross Aboukhadijeh(Creator of ytinstant.com) will build a ytinstanat.com project within 1hour he took 3 hours to build, the Most interesting thing in here is that he TOOK only 3hours to build a look a like of Google Instant on You Tube … Just “3 HOURS” ..
You can see from his site the response he GOT. Â The good thing to notice is that he got a job offer from Guess who ? Google, YouTube CEO 🙂
Let see if Feross take the Job or not because he is Currently Working with FACEBOOK as an Intern Software Engineer, or may be gets some promotion within the Facebook :-)..
I’ve made a Video using ytinstant.com so you can see it in action … Well YES you can check it out your self but if for some reason, like you not having upgraded Browser or slow internet you can view the video 🙂 – the best thing u will notice is that it saves alot of time because it quickly gets the result and plays the video – Less time waiting more time Watching.
The BIG Question is Google will buy this from Feross there is No doubt about it but how much Google will be willing to pay for his Idea ? thats the BIG Question …
You can read all about his story on his Website – http://www.feross.org/youtube-instant-media-frenzy/
He seems Happy and he should be 😆
Waiting for the BIG Answer to the BIG Question 🙂