All the naysayers can feel free to eat their hats. Â Apple finally revealed the device weâ€™ve all been whispering about for a good year or more. The Sasquatch of gadgets is real. Weâ€™ll update this with all the details as they happen
Looks like a big iPhone to us.
- 1GHz Apple A4 processor (custom)
- 0.5â€³ thick
- 1.5 pounds
- 9.7â€³ Capacitive touchscreen (1024Ã—768)
- 16-64GB of SSD storage
- 3G available but not in all iPads
- $14.99 for 250MB, $29.99 for unlimited data on AT&T (no contract)
- 3G iPads are unlocked, have GSM micro SIMs
- Accelerometer, Compass
- 802.11n and Bluetooth 2.1
- Runs iPhone apps in window or pixel doubling
- Hardware-accelerated OpenGL graphics
- SDK out today
- $499 for 16GB base model, $830 for all maxed out
- Dock with hard keyboard available
Thereâ€™s a very custom interface that I wonâ€™t bother describing â€” . Needless to say itâ€™s very good looking. Prices start at $499 for 16GB, $599 for 32GB, $699 for 64GB. Adding 3G costs $130.
Weâ€™re seeing lots of great-looking apps from the live coverage of the event, including 3D games, a really sweet-looking calendar, a nice email app, and a New York Times app that looks really stunning.
- No camera so no video chat
- Limited space â€” 64GB may be a lot for an iPod, but when youâ€™ve got movies and such, itâ€™ll disappear real fast
- No SD or multi-card reader means thatâ€™s all the storage you get
- Itâ€™s obviously no more customizable than the iPhone
- iPod dock connection only means no easy connection of USB devices
Our minds all just got blown by the $499 starting price, though. I was thinking way more for sure. Nice move, Apple.
another great gadget from apple!!
BTW great info about ipad!!
thanks, but i was thinking … why its always ” i ” ..whats with Apple and its i .