You are at a threat if you ever travel with your WiFi switched “ON” , Stealing data off your device is as simple as standing next to you, Watch this Live Attack Video and read how you can protect yourself.Internet of Things (IoT) is fascinating but brings alot of security and privacy challenges.
66% don’t know or aren’t sure how many connected devices their colleagues bring into work. It show how important IoT security really is.
Live Cyber Attack Demonstration – EvilAP
Biggest Changes in 2016
- 44% responded that they care more about device threats than traditional network security—up 16% from 2016.
- Respondents with a BYOD policy in place is actually down 8%—(63% last year vs. 55% now).
- The number of respondents that have a budget or plan to have a budget for IoT security is up 11%, but budgets for IoT remain low compared with other categories and are much lower than the fear IT security professionals shared about IoT security.
How to Prevent Evil Twin WiFi Attacks
Pwnie Express blessed us with the annual report: Internet of Evil Things, giving us insight to the security concerns of IT experts and end users. The analysis report (Download Link given Below) and Hacking experience of many years have allowed me to compile a quick list which will keep you and your business IT department Secure and Safe.
1. Keep your WiFi Off: As you saw on the Video above, just by your wife staying “ON” exposes you to so much risk. So Keep it OFF when not in use and it will also give you more standby time 😉
2. Work Safety: Once you are at your work place its best to keep your Wifi and Bluetooth Off. A better Technique is to make a Work Profile on your Phone and switch to that so even you forget to turn off your WiFi you critical info is not accessed. If you in the Tech World , always get to know your equipment before you bring it in.
3. Change Your Passwords: Have said it before saying it now , do not use default passwords , don’t use same passwords for every site.
4. Research Your Purchase: Research your Product before you buy it and be aware of how to perform a software upgrade when its available.There are many devices which allow easy updates , invest in those.
5. Verify Every Device: The more famous a brand more chances of it being hacked but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t buy those , but do read about a device before getting one as it should be following latest security protocols
You will be safe if you follow the tips mentioned above , if you have any more share below.