After my disappointing experience with my previous Charji Cloud , I was forced to look for alternative options. Couldn’t settle for anything less than a 4G, so my only options were Zong and PTCL. Zong ruled itself out during my test use due to its Unethical Tactics. PTCL EVDO was all that I was left with, I got the PTCL EVDO Charji Cloud R600A which is a product of GadgeIT, with hopes that it will prove a better hardware than Huawei.
GadgeIT PTCL Charji Cloud R600A
The device has a limited display comprising of Power , WiFi & Signal indicators. All have different colour LED’s which indicate battery life ,WiFi devices connected and Signal Strength.Details are explained in the brochure which comes in its packing.
GadgeIT PTCL Charji R600A Features
The device comes with standard feature list :
- Device Name : R600A
- Connects upto 10 Wifi Devices
- 4G LTE – 36Mbps
- Supports CDMA2000 1x EV-DO rev.B Standard(Phase 1 & 2)
- MicroSD Support upto 32GB
- SD Card sharing over Wifi
- 2000mAh battery for upto 5 hours of constant usage
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Backward compantible for seamless 9.3 Mbps 3G connectivity
PTCL Charji Cloud R600A Interface
The most interesting thing I noticed was the interface which was really exotic and felt good to the eyes.The Web Admin panel with all its fancy looks lagged and it was not very responsive.
PTCL Charji Cloud R600A Speed Test
Unlock PTCL Charji Cloud R600A
GadgeIT PTCL Cloud R600A can be unlocked so that we can use Data SIMs of any other cellular company and not be bound to PTCL only.Procedure:
I have asked for PTCL permission, allowing me to provide unlock tutorial to you guys. Currently waiting for their response, although they sell Locked Devices but there is no restriction in unlocking the device nor its illegal (warranty gets void), I will update this place with the Unlock Code and you can ask for you device as well once response is received from PTCL. Comment below or subscribe so once response arrives I can let you know pronto.
Drawbacks of GadgeIT PTCL Charji Cloud R600A
Few drawbacks I noticed during my use are :
- It lacks the ability of Port forwarding, so thats a big issue for tech guys and gamers
- No manual IP binding , again issue or those who want to run a dynamic updated Server for any reason
- No MAC to IP Binding, so new IP everytime. That is indeed a turn off
- No Firewall of any sort
- No bandwidth usage limit option
- No URL / IP Blacklisting for safe guarding your data
- No TR-069 or similar protocol allowing remote configuration via ACS(s)
Update: How to Hack PTCL Charji / Wingle / EVdo : [Tutorial] Root PTCL Charji Wingle – Port Forwarding